Saturday 28 August 2010

Thing 18: Zotero

Morning Campers

I'm catching up on Cam23 after a serious hiatus caused by annual reports, a much needed holiday and the catch up thereafter. It may mean posts today are perfunctory which is a shame but unavoidable if I want to have any chance of completing!

Zotero is a pretty neat thing now isn't it? The layout appears simple whilst allowing quite a sophisticated display of data. Its use seems very intuitive.

Its been a while since I have studied in a way that required the sort of level of organisation that would be well supported by this but I can still recognise its potential. The citation into Google Docs could come in handy. At some stage I will investigate the group library option.

The down side for me is that I am not a huge fan of Firefox. I find it clunky in comparison to internet explorer and frustrating that it seem to cache things it shouldn’t. Not enough time in the day to figure out why!

I thinks its fabulous that folk put work into things like Zotero to make them available to the world. Hurrah for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment