Saturday 28 August 2010

Thing 23: Final Words

Please forgive the cursory nature of this! I want to meet that deadline.

-Which Things did you find most useful, or thought-provoking?
I think Doodle has to be the most useful thing overall but I am not using it in my current post. It is personal usage.
For the Library setting it has to be LibraryThing

-Which didn't you find useful at all?
I was not sold on LinkedIn at all.

-Which have you persisted with?
iGoogle page and RSS feeds. Simple, visually pleasing and effective.

-What about Web 2.0 and social media? How do you think they are shaping library services?
Its great that Web 2 is being using to reveal the inner workings and promote the treasures of libraries to the world. It helps refresh our image. We need to take great care though not to jump on band wagons for the sake of the fad of the moment. Prior evaluation and planning as ever are the key.

Great programme guys - thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment