Friday 2 July 2010

Things: Slip sliding out of date

My current post is not one in which I am in either a position to give or receive many presentations so perhaps my appreciation of the potential of a site like this is somewhat limited.

It is the public nature of this site that, bizarrely, seems to me to be its down fall. The majority of presentations are developed ad hoc to appeal to a very discreet audience. They usually have to be heavily altered even if they are used in house again. Presentations are about information in the here and now and the shows uploaded on Slideshare will soon be out of date.

I think it unlikely that the majority of people would be able to find a good enough match in the presentations to just present one wholesale. Do correct me if I am wrong - I want to know!

I am not all convinced I will use Slideshare in the future but that said I am pleased to know about it for when you lot convince me I am being a luddite.

Still for all you fashion conscious librarians out there this may amuse you:

1 comment:

  1. I'll probably use Slideshare for inspiration for the presentations we do for new students in September & October.

    ReplyDelete